Exclusive Insight into the Investment Community
How can I apply for the Angel Investment Bootcamp?
Applications for The Portal's Angel Investment Bootcamp are only open during certain times of the year.
Be sure to check UCI's Handshake postings or join our newsletter to stay up-to-date on any upcoming deadlines.
If you have any questions, you can always send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Angel Investment Bootcamp is open to any students with a bachelor’s degree.
Once you send in your application, our team will review and we’ll reach out to you regarding next steps, including interview dates and any additional items we’ll need.
There are a few types of people that would benefit the most from our program:
- Individuals who want to make a career in venture investment. Our program will help you launch your career by giving you an understanding of professional angel investors. You’ll also learn about early-stage VC investment strategy, methodology, processes, and the metrics they use to make their decisions.
- Entrepreneurs who want to raise capital for their startups. The Portal’s program will help you understand what investors are looking for and what kinds of investors you should look to for guidance and how to negotiate with them.
The current cohort will be meeting with Ray Tuesday – Friday, 12 – 5pm not including any work that needs to be done outside of class times.
The first cohort will begin June 25th, 2018 and we anticipate the cohort will last approximately 8 weeks.
Training will vary depending on the schedules of the students and Ray’s availability. The training schedule will be sent out prior to the beginning of training.
Students will be exclusively trained under directors experienced in investment and business strategies.
Students will improve their skills in presentation, project management, and problem solving, as well as gain experience in:
- How to select and qualify deals
- Participation in exclusive investor screenings
- Perform appropriate due diligence
- Negotiate terms and term sheets
- Financial structures
- Post-investment support and helping deal success
The fee for our program is $25,000. This includes attendance for exclusive events, screenings, and mentorship opportunities not open to the public.